If you have not already signed up for 2016, please take a moment to do so now and join the strong and growing list of those supporting the Columbia Basin Project.
In an effort to serve you better, we ask that you sign up or renew your membership using the online system. This process will ensure that our records are updated with accurate information. Click the button below to be taken to the registration page:
Your membership allows the League to continue supporting development of the Columbia Basin Project. 2015 brought significant progress on the Odessa Ground Water Replacement Program with a strong focus on distributing facts through extensive public outreach and advocacy. The League facilitated awareness campaigns for stakeholders, landowners, legislators, the media, and the public including:
- Grand Coulee Dam tours for CBP landowners
- OGWRP construction site tours for media and legislators
- Local public events
- Release of OGWRP ‘Frequently Asked Questions’
- Monthly newsletters and weekly emails of water related news
- Editorial board meetings with The Spokesman Review and The Wenatchee World
- Upcoming annual conference
- Farm tour for students
- Public policy trips to Olympia and Washington DC
Our messages have been well received as significant progress was made in 2015:
- Lind Coulee siphon construction continues with over 100 concrete sections of the siphon placed
- Designs underway for East Low 47.5 pump station that can also be used for other pump stations
- Master water service contract renewal between Bureau and East Columbia Basin Irrigation District
State and Federal advocacy was a priority in 2015. CBDL strengthens ties through regular contact with the Bureau of Reclamation, irrigation districts, and Ecology’s Office of the Columbia River. Through our Washington DC visits and meetings in Olympia with state partners, the League is able to keep interested parties aware of Project progress and demonstrate broad support for the effort.
Your help is essential to continue progress. Your membership provides the critical resources necessary to ensure the story is told and that facts are shared –with attention focused on protecting our water.
Please renew your membership or join today for 2016!
If you prefer to sign up offline, click here for a printable form.